- Common name(s): Zamioculcas, Aroid Palm, ZZ Palm
- Family: Araceae
- Stem cuttings: yes
- Leaf cuttings: yes
- Root cuttings/runners: yes shows short runners
- Time: the year round
- Lighting: bright to to part sunny, moring or evening sun, winter sun
- Soil: well drained, mixes for cacti and succulents or potting soil with sand (2:1)
- Temperature: 16 to 30 °C works but the cuttings do better with a minimum of 22 °C
- New growth after: first roots show up after 8 to 12 weeks. Then the rhizome starts to grow. Which may take 6 to 12 months. Afterwards the leaves appear.
- More infos: for the first 8 to 12 weeks keep the soil moist but not wet. Afterwards allow to nearly dry between the waterings.
How to grow Zamioculcas zamifoliia from leaf cuttings
Cut some leaves with a clean knife or scissor.
Caution: contact with the plant juice can cause skin irritation.
The leaves can be planted immediately after cutting.
The depth is 2 centimeters to approximately half of the leaf height.
Place the pot in a bright to to part sunny place. It does not have to be covered. Keep the soil moist but not wet for the first 8 to 12 weeks. Afterwards allow to nearly dry between the waterings.
After one year the young plants rhizomes are about 2 centimeters long.